Saturday, July 31, 2010

World Cuo 2010, qualifying rounds.

What can I say? It was by far the best time of my life? How else can I describe it? When it started, I was at Indon. OHMG. Have to updae you in Indon. Dayummn its been over a month, i doubt id remember much. What i can say is that me Laaviny and Ashikin walked like 2 km to the Istana to see if they had coverage to see the opening match. But sadly there wasnt. So we had to walk another two km back in the dark at like 1 in the morning. The things i would do for football.
OKay, so when i got back home form indon, i was real tired so i didnt watch the Germany Austrailia match. But boyy was i happy to hear that germnay trashed them 4-0.

Okay, then forward a couple of nights. Ghana's on top of the table. Germany second. Followed by Serbia and Austrailia. The weight of the situation, you'd have to be a football fan to understand. SO yes, GERMANY HAVE TO WIN. Astonishingly, i wasnt as scared and nervous like i usually am for normal Chelsea games. That scared me. I think I know why. Football's an escape when the real world gets too hard to handle. So all i rememeber was that at that time, I was having the time of my life. I loved school. Nothing scared me. So back to the football part, when Oezil scored. OHMYGOD. My heart just jumped to the moon. I screamed my head off. There is nothing comparable to that happiness. Lovestruck idiots would beg to differ. That night, I slept, not comfortably, because i knew we'd be facing England.

Recap, the last time Germany played England in November, they lost 2-1, becuase John Terry headed one in at the last second. The Germans always get hit at the dying minutes. ITs so unfair. So yes, now they face England. I think it was before the quarters when i watched the Italy vs Slovakia match. OHMYGOD. THAT HAD TO BE THE FREAKING AWESOMEST MATCH IN THE WHOLE WORLD CUP. ot tell you the truth, I watch Italy play only for Cannavaro. But this game, made me watch for the country. The sadness, the pain of losing, so visible on each and every one of their faces made me cry. Italy played awful in the first part of the game. But when I dont remmeber who scored the first and second Slovakian goal, Italy played better. Now they;re running with the ball towards goal, and THEY SCORE! I screamed. Amma was supporting Slovakia, jsut because Italy kicked France out in the last World Cup. HMPH. Anyway, then Italy tried so hard. That guy, i forgot his naem, kicked the ball in and i thought, YEAH MAN ITALY HAVE AN EQUALISER! When that stupid linesman blew the whistle for offside. My heart fell. Like just dropped. Suddenly just as Italy ahd the ball, the Slovakians, Vottek actually put in another goal. HOLY SHIZZZZ.... I started crying. The look on Cannavaro's face awww. THen OMG, ITALY SCORED AGAIN. WIth renewed hopw. They played the best game ever. They passed each ball perfectly, made lots of good chances, just lacked the finishes. Credits to the Slovakians defence, HMPH. Then, those Slovakian idiots, already 90th minute. Buffon;s on the sidelines screaming his head off. Just as the final whistle was gonna blow, the italians got a corner. Last kick of the match. MEant just about everythign to all the italian hearts out there. PEPE'S CHANCEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Buffon, Cannavaro, Pepe, everyone cried. Most importantly, Dhivyaa Mailvaganam cried. The whistle blew, game over. The end of Cannavaro's reign as captain. And the end of Italy's golden generation. Period.

I watched many other less important games too. Not as great as the ones i mentioned but good still. Like Uruguay's games. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment