Saturday, October 3, 2009

*Shop till you drop*

Yesterday, was.... I have no clue how to describe it. It was fun at the same time exhausting. After shopping for some 4 hours, we ate, came home, watched re-runs of The Nanny and slept. Amazingly, I didn't buy anything! How extraordinary is that?? Well, anyway, the highlight of the day, watching all those daddy's running around buying clothes for their lil' girls.



Case 1: The mum was holding a dress. Blue, really sexy halter dress. Judging by the length, I'd say the child is about six. The dad looked up from the rack, gave one look at the dress and immediately said no. Then, he took out a pink dress, really frilly and decent smiled at the Mum and said "I think this one. She'll like it better than the blue."
Mum says: "No, you mean, you'll like it better." She rolls her eyes, smiles and takes both dresses off to the counter.

Case 2: This whole family, Dad, Mum, 3 brothers and 1 sister, were at the footwear section at Metro. They were all waiting there for quite a long time, sitting around, doing nothing. Then a saleslady comes and stands next to me. The dad who seems really pissed walks over and starts shouting at the saleslady.
"HOW IRRESPONSIBLE CAN YOU GET? WASTING OUR BLODDY TIME! "
Saleslady : "Sir, there is no Size 5."
Dad : " And it took you 20 BLOODY MINUTES TO FIND OUT??! I HAVE A GOOD MIND TO GO SPEAK TO YOUR BOSS. Look at my daughter, she was waiting so eagerly to get that pair of shoes and you deny her it by being your pathetic, irresponsible self! Rubbish!"

See the love the daddy has for his daughter. Once the family goes out of sight, ALL of the salespeople on THAT FLOOR comes over to listen to what happened. i just stand there and watch that lady justify her stupidity. Then, she looks over at me and just stares. So do the other salespeople around her. I give her a blank and innocent look and I go to the changing rooms. Why? I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment